- a preparation for making something white, as a bleach, dye, or polish: a bottle of shoe whitener.
- a person or thing that whitens.
- a person who applies whitener, as in a manufacturing process.
Origin of whitener
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a substance that makes something white or whiter
- a powdered substitute for milk or cream, used in coffee or tea
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012