- characterized by youth; young.
- of, relating to, or befitting youth: youthful enthusiasm.
- having the appearance, freshness, vigor, etc., of youth: She is 60 but her optimism has kept her youthful.
- in an early period of existence; early in time.
- Physical Geography. (of topographical features) having undergone erosion to a slight extent only.
Origin of youthful
Synonyms for youthfulSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for youthfulnessadolescence, minority, teens, youth, boyhood, greenness, juvenility, daybreak, puberty, opening, aurora, morning, start, sunup, vitality, morn, dawn, dew, sunrise, springtime
Examples from the Web for youthfulness
Contemporary Examples of youthfulness
On their feet were sandals bearing flower motifs, conveying a sense of youthfulness repeated in the cocktail dresses as well.Emporio Armani's Water Lilies
September 20, 2013
But 19 and 12, though superficially similar in their youthfulness, are diametrically opposed regarding the elephant in the room.Yair Lapid's Historic Opportunity
January 24, 2013
Imperfection is a mark of modern sophistication, confidence, and youthfulness.Newt Gingrich's Wife Callista's Prissy Style Problem
December 13, 2011
He attributes his youthfulness to his mother, the Filipina socialite Isabel Preysler.Why Enrique Iglesias Is Still Hot
December 1, 2011
Historical Examples of youthfulness
I must say again that I heartily admire your gallantry and youthfulness.A Tale of Two Cities
Somehow that accusation of youthfulness was the spur that drove Patricia to victory.Miss Pat at Artemis Lodge
But it is doubtful if in his youthfulness it affected him more than a novelty.A Waif of the Plains
But there was a sort of freshness and naivete and youthfulness about her which made him use that adjective.We Two
Her prettiness is of the prettiest kind—that of which the chief character is youthfulness.Our Village
Mary Russell Mitford
- of, relating to, possessing, or characteristic of youth
- fresh, vigorous, or activehe's surprisingly youthful for his age
- in an early stage of developmenta youthful culture
- Also: young (of a river, valley, or land surface) in the early stage of the cycle of erosion, characterized by steep slopes, lack of flood plains, and V-shaped valleysCompare mature (def. 6), old (def. 18)