- very pleasing to the senses, especially to the taste; delicious: The waiter brought out a tray of yummy desserts.
- extremely attractive or appealing.
- an item of food that is particularly delicious: The bakery window was full of yummies.
- anything that is extremely attractive or appealing.
Origin of yummy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Also: yum-yum an exclamation indicating pleasure or delight, as in anticipation of delicious food
- delicious, delightful, or attractive
C20: from yum-yum, of imitative origin
Word Origin and History for yummier
"delicious," 1899, from baby talk. Yum-yum as an exclamation of pleasure is recorded from 1878.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper