[zeb-yoo-luh n, zuh-byoo-luh n]
- a son of Jacob and Leah. Gen. 30:20.
- one of the 12 tribes of Israel.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the sixth son whom Leah bore to Jacob: one of the 12 patriarchs of Israel (Genesis 30:20)
- the tribe descended from him
- the territory of this tribe, lying in lower Galilee to the north of Mount Carmel and to the east of the coastal plain
Douay spelling: Zabulon (ˈzæbjʊlən, zəˈbjuː-)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012