- the science or branch of biology dealing with animals.
- a treatise on zoology.
- the animal life of a particular region.
Origin of zoology
Related Words for zoologyecology, anthropology, medicine, biology, zoology, division, dissection, analysis, investigation, examination, diagnosis, inquiry, cytology, genetics, etiology, histology, morphology, embryology, physiology, botany
Examples from the Web for zoology
Contemporary Examples of zoology
Wood was born in northern England in 1965 the son of a professor of zoology at Durham University who is also a priest.James Wood Gets Personal
December 21, 2012
Historical Examples of zoology
Thus, physiology is an abstract science; but zoology is concrete.Critical Miscellanies (Vol. 3 of 3)
As a matter of fact, zoology is quite as backward as meteorology.Birds of the Indian Hills
Not until 1895 was there question of his appointment to the chair of zoology in Erlangen.At the Deathbed of Darwinism
Greater than Geology and Zoology, as humanity is above the rocks and animals.How to Become Rich
The whole school studied Botany and Zoology with Mr. Benjamin.The Cricket
- the study of animals, including their classification, structure, physiology, and history
- the biological characteristics of a particular animal or animal group
- the fauna characteristic of a particular region
- a book, treatise, etc, dealing with any aspect of the study of animals
- The scientific study of organisms in the kingdom Animalia, including their growth and structure.