- an infectious or contagious disease.
Origin of zymosis
1835–45; < New Latin zȳmōsis < Greek zȳ́mōsis, equivalent to zȳmō-, variant stem of zȳmoûn to leaven, ferment (derivative of zȳ́mē leaven) + -sis -sis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for zymosis
There were no more diseases after zymosis, so I concluded there was nothing else the matter with me.Three Men in a Boat
Jerome K. Jerome
- any infectious disease
- the development process or spread of such a disease
- another name for zymolysis
- The process of infection.
- An infectious disease, especially one caused by a fungus.