BACK TO totalitarianism
totalitarianism vs. dictatorship
[ toh-tal-i-tair-ee-uh-niz-uhm ]
- the practices and principles of a totalitarian regime.
- absolute control by the state or a governing branch of a highly centralized institution.
- the character or quality of an autocratic or authoritarian individual, group, or government: the totalitarianism of the father.
[ dik-tey-ter-ship, dik-tey- ]
- a country, government, or the form of government in which absolute power is exercised by a dictator.
- absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control.
- the office or position held by a dictator.