This story is the subject of an ancient and very beautiful wall painting in the upper church at Anderlecht.
There was one, for instance, about Guy, the poor man of Anderlecht.
That was pulled down in 1460, as the Anderlecht archives bear witness.
His parents were very humble folk, probably serfs attached to the soil of Anderlecht.
The Room used by Erasmus as study during his stay at Anderlecht.
Strangely enough 'the poor man of Anderlecht' at one time seriously thought of embarking in trade.
Of course the present upper church is not the church which the canons of Anderlecht built with Guy's treasure.
The French left that place on the 10th, and next day encamped at Anderlecht, close to Brussels.