[kuh n-vuhl-suh nt]
- causing convulsions; convulsive.
- a convulsant agent.
Origin of convulsant
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for anticonvulsant
After a few medication attempts, the doctors landed on a very low dose of the anticonvulsant lamotrigine.The Seizure Medication That Turns You Into a Poet
September 12, 2014
- any of a class of drugs used to prevent or abolish convulsions
- of or relating to this class of drugs
- producing convulsions
- a drug that produces convulsions
C19: from French, from convulser to convulse
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A drug that prevents or relieves convulsions.
- Causing or producing convulsions.
- An agent, such as a drug, that causes convulsions.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- A drug that prevents or treats seizures.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.