- a segment or division of the body having a corresponding segment or division that is opposite to it relative to the longitudinal axis of the body.
- a similar part in a radially symmetrical animal.
Origin of antimere
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a part or organ of a bilaterally or radially symmetrical organism that corresponds to a similar structure on the other side of the axis, such as the right or left limb of a four-legged animalAlso called: actinomere
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A segment of an animal body formed by planes cutting the axis of the body at right angles.
- One of the corresponding parts of a bilaterally symmetrical organism.
- The right or left half of the body.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.