- mouthed but not spoken; noiseless; silent.
- lacking phonation; unvoiced.
- without voice; voiceless.
- Pathology. affected with aphonia.
- Pathology. a person who is affected with aphonia.
Origin of aphonic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- affected with aphonia
- not representing a spoken sound, as k in know
- voiceless or devoiced
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012