- tiling on a gable roof beyond the exterior surface of the gable wall.
- the tiles or slates placed on and projecting over the raking edges of a gable roof.
- a coping of bricks set on edge, arranged transversely.
Origin of barge course
First recorded in 1660–70; see origin at bargeboard
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the overhang of the gable end of a roof
- a course of bricks laid on edge to form the coping of a wall
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012