or B.R., B/R.
- bills receivable.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for br
Now, please to speak for us, and tell us what you think of Br.
Mr. A., the reader, then said that he should be glad to learn from his Br.
An' I can 'member, Br'er Cotten, when you didn' own fo' houses an' a fahm.
Then he proceeded to tell me what a great institution "Br'er Rabbit" was.An African Adventure
Isaac F. Marcosson
Behind the mantle are two buds (br), the rudiments of the gills.The Works of Francis Maitland Balfour, Volume II (of 4)
Francis Maitland Balfour
- Also: B/R bills receivable
- (in a religious order) Brother
- (formerly) British Rail
- Brazil (international car registration)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The symbol for the elementbromine
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The symbol for bromine.
- A reddish-brown volatile element of the halogen group found in compounds occurring in ocean water. The pure form is a nonmetallic liquid that gives off a highly irritating vapor. It is used to make dyes, sedatives, and photographic film. Atomic weight 79.904; atomic number 35; melting point 7.2°C; boiling point 58.78°C; specific gravity 3.12; valence 1, 3, 5, 7. See Periodic Table.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.