- BillWilliam Warren, born 1943, U.S. basketball player and politician: senator from New Jersey 1979–97.
- Francis Herbert,1846–1924, English philosopher.
- Henry,1845–1923, English lexicographer and philologist.
- Omar Nelson,1893–1981, U.S. general: Chief of Staff 1948–49; chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff 1949–53.
- ThomasTom, 1917–1998, U.S. politician: mayor of Los Angeles 1973–93.
- a town in NE Illinois.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for bradley
Bradley was a man who worried deeply and brooded over the lives lost among his commands.
I assume Bradley saw demonstrations of the “Funnies” before rejecting them.
But the bad weather and heavy seas could not be blamed on Bradley.
The drawback was that the terrain in front of Bradley made success very costly.
This coming week, a revival of the play goes into previews, with Bradley Cooper in the starring role.The True Story of ‘The Elephant Man’
November 3, 2014
Dr. Bradley, gentle and direct, had been the Conroys' family physician for years.Dust
Mr. and Mrs. Haldeman-Julius
Her brother, Bradley, says they belong to him to save her reputation.
As they drew near the arbor they heard Bradley say: "This was my dream, Dorothy."
"This is Mr. Bradley," he said, then suddenly recognized his wife's voice.The Film of Fear
He could do more in five minutes 141 to make me see a point than Bradley can in an hour.Fair Harbor
Joseph Crosby Lincoln
- A (ndrew) C (ecil). 1851–1935, English critic; author of Shakespearian Tragedy (1904)
- F (rancis) H (erbert). 1846–1924, English idealist philosopher and metaphysical thinker; author of Ethical Studies (1876), Principles of Logic (1883), and Appearance and Reality (1893)
- Henry . 1845–1923, English lexicographer; one of the editors of the Oxford English Dictionary
- James . 1693–1762, English astronomer, who discovered the aberration of light and the nutation of the earth's axis
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012