- of uneven surface; full of bumps: a bumpy road.
- full of jolts: a bumpy ride.
- causing jolts: Bumpy air shook the airplane.
- having many difficulties or failures; full of ups and downs: He had a rather bumpy career before he settled down in his present job.
Origin of bumpy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- having an uneven surfacea bumpy road
- full of jolts; rougha bumpy flight
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for bumpy
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper