- a registered member of an organization, especially of a union or a political party, who has been issued a card in evidence of membership.
- a person who has a borrower's card from a library.
- a person to whom a credit card or bank card is issued.
- (on a typewriter) either of a pair of devices able to be raised to hold stiff objects, as envelopes or cards, in place for typing.
Origin of cardholder
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for cardholder
Credit card companies have also used predictive modeling to answer questions such as, has this cardholder recently moved?How Visa Predicts Divorce
April 6, 2010
- a person who owns a credit or debit card
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012