- the procedure of vacating and paying for one's quarters at a hotel.
- the time before which a hotel room must be vacated if another day's charge is not to be made.
- an examination of fitness for performance: The checkout of the new plane was successful.
- a series of sequential actions to familiarize oneself with new equipment.
- itemization and collection of amounts due for purchases: Retailers need to improve online checkout.
- Also called checkout counter. a counter where customers pay for purchases: The supermarket has five checkouts.
Origin of checkout
Examples from the Web for checkout
So does the barista at Starbucks, and the checkout clerk at Whole Foods.Fear And Self-Loathing In Scandinavia: The Fiction Of Karl Ove Knausgaard
May 28, 2014
At the checkout, her total for bananas, arugula, blackberries, kale, yogurt, rice noodles, and tofu comes to $34.21.The Gluten-Free Diet Has Two Faces
May 6, 2014
A separate cashier next to the checkout counter rings up “call ahead” orders.Welcome to the Jungle: Pot Tourism
Abby Haglage, Caitlin Dickson
February 3, 2014
Students fill their trays with deep-dish pepperoni slices and napa salad and head to the lunch lady for checkout.The Schools That Starve Students to Punish Deadbeat Parents
January 30, 2014
The checkout line snaked around a delectable assortment of snacks and candy.R.I.P. Blockbuster, You Frustratingly Magical Franchise, You
November 6, 2013
He pulled out his wallet as they drew up closer to the checkout counter.Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town
I would appreciate it if you would, because if you have a lot of that checkout work that would be helpful.Warren Commission (12 of 26): Hearings Vol. XII (of 15)
The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
I only found the checkout, I didn't ever see the check-in—I think I did see it one time.
I remember that from sometime ago, but I just happened to see the checkout.
The library also has many nuclear related books available for reference and checkout.Trinity [Atomic Test] Site
The National Atomic Museum