- consisting of or bounded by curved lines: a curvilinear figure.
- forming or moving in a curved line.
- formed or characterized by curved lines.
Origin of curvilinear
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for curvilinear
Silvestre Varela was hurtling toward the U.S. goal when Ronaldo fed him a pass of curvilinear purity.Team USA 2, Portugal 2: Seconds Away From World Cup Glory
June 23, 2014
There are the degrees of direction of line, curvilinear or angular.
The same principle is true of designs upon the curvilinear plan.
It would be the same with the quadrature of curvilinear areas.The philosophy of mathematics
Who can decide between rectilinear and curvilinear geometry?The Works of Honor de Balzac
Honor de Balzac
Who shall decide between rectalinear and curvilinear geometry?Seraphita
Honore de Balzac
- consisting of, bounded by, or characterized by a curved line
- along a curved linecurvilinear motion
- maths (of a set of coordinates) determined by or determining a system of three orthogonal surfaces
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for curvilinear
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Formed, bounded, or characterized by curved lines.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.