- Sports Slang. a batted or served ball that skims along near the ground.
- Military Slang. an antipersonnel fragmentation bomb.
Origin of daisy-cutter
First recorded in 1785–95
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- soccer a powerful shot that moves close to the ground
- cricket a ball bowled, kicked, or hit so that it rolls along the ground
- a powerful bomb with a huge blast effect
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012