- having or showing a date: a dated record of all meetings.
- out-of-date; old-fashioned: a nostalgic program of dated songs.
Origin of dated
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. outmoded, passé, unfashionable.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- unfashionable; outmodeddated clothes
- (of a security) having a fixed date for redemption
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for datedness
"old-fashioned," 1900, past participle adjective from date (v.1).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper