- to discharge (a trainee) from a program of training.
Origin of deselect
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- British politics (of a constituency organization) to refuse to select (an existing MP) for re-election
- US to discharge (a trainee) during the period of training
- computing to cancel (a highlighted selection of data) on a computer screen
- computing to remove (the check mark) at an option in a dialogue box
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012