Try Our Apps


Avoid these words. Seriously.

dust ball

Chiefly Northern and North Midland U.S. a ball or roll of dust and lint that accumulates indoors, as in corners or under furniture.
Also called dust curl.
Regional variation note
Dust ball and dust curl are used chiefly in the North and North Midland U.S. Dust kitten and dust kitty are also in use in the Northern U.S., but there are many other terms that are in use in widely scattered local areas, such as dust mouse, house moss, and woolly. Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018.
Cite This Source

Word of the Day

Nearby words for dust ball

Word Value for dust

Scrabble Words With Friends