- depression; despondency or a tendency to be despondent.
Origin of dysthymia
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the characteristics of the neurotic and introverted, including anxiety, depression, and compulsive behaviour
- obsolete a relatively mild depression
C19: New Latin, from Greek dusthumia, from dys- + thumos mind
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A mood disorder characterized by despondency or mild depression.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- A mood disorder characterized by chronic mild depression.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.