- an early English kingdom in SE Britain: modern Norfolk and Suffolk.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to East Anglia or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of East Anglia
- a region of E England south of the Wash: consists of Norfolk and Suffolk, and parts of Essex and Cambridgeshire
- an Anglo-Saxon kingdom that consisted of Norfolk and Suffolk in the 6th century ad; became a dependency of Mercia in the 8th century
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012