- an article in a newspaper or other periodical or on a website presenting the opinion of the publisher, writer, or editor.
- a statement broadcast on radio or television that presents the opinion of the owner, manager, or the like, of the program, station, or channel.
- something regarded as resembling such an article or statement, as a lengthy, dogmatic utterance.
- of or relating to the commissioning or compiling of content for publication, or to a person who does such work: editorial policies; editorial skills.
- of, relating to, or involved in the preparation of an editorial or editorials: editorial page; editorial writer.
- of or relating to the literary and artistic activities or contents of a publication, broadcasting organization, or the like, as distinguished from its business activities, advertisements, etc.: an editorial employee; an editorial decision, not an advertising one.
Origin of editorial
Examples from the Web for editorial
Editorial and political cartoon pages from throughout the world almost unanimously came to the same conclusion.Politicians Only Love Journalists When They're Dead
January 8, 2015
Elle magazine shot an editorial in September, one picture revealing a teacup pig sitting pretty by a mini Tyler Alexandra bag.Handbags: The More You Pay, The Smaller They Shrink
December 29, 2014
Control Room Sook Shoot Out -- some editorial changes and some VFX muzzle flashes.
Tank Battle Jeep Guard Crush -- some editorial changes and the removal of all blood when the guards are crushed by the tank.
The IFC ended this ban last week and released a plan that the editorial board of the school newspaper has given a mixed review.Fraternities in a Post-UVA World
December 12, 2014
By the way, your editorial explanation of Astounding Stories was a gem.
What he had come to seek in the editorial office was not controversy, but information.Within the Tides
Paul went on writing, and thundered from the editorial pulpit weekly.Despair's Last Journey
David Christie Murray
I was then just sixteen, but I was not left out of the editorial staff.My Reminiscences
And, when weary with editorial work, I sometimes dropped in there for refreshment.Memoirs
Charles Godfrey Leland
- of or relating to editing or editors
- of, relating to, or expressed in an editorial
- of or relating to the content of a publication rather than its commercial aspects
- an article in a newspaper, etc, expressing the opinion of the editor or the publishers
Word Origin and History for editorial
An article in a newspaper or magazine expressing the opinion of the editor or publisher.