Origin of electropositive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for electropositive
Part (D) showed that iron is electropositive to copper, as the current flowed from iron to copper in the cell.The Study of Elementary Electricity and Magnetism by Experiment
Thomas M. St. John
- having a positive electric charge
- (of an atom, group, molecule, etc) tending to release electrons and form positive ions or polarized bondsCompare electronegative
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Tending to donate electrons and to form a positive ion. Metals are generally electropositive.
- Having a positive electric charge.
- Capable of acting as a positive electrode.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.