- a native or inhabitant of the Faeroe Islands.
- the Scandinavian language spoken there.
- of or relating to the Faeroe Islands, its people, or their language.
Origin of Faeroese
First recorded in 1850–55
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of, relating to, or characteristic of the Faeroes, their inhabitants, or their language
- the chief language of the Faeroes, closely related to Icelandic, although they are not mutually intelligible
- plural -ese a native or inhabitant of the Faeroes
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012