- Edwin,1886–1960, Swiss pianist.
- E·mil [ey-mil] /ˈeɪ mɪl/, 1852–1919, German chemist: Nobel Prize 1902.
- Ernst Otto,1918–2007, German chemist: Nobel Prize 1973.
- Hans [hahns] /hɑns/, 1881–1945, German chemist: Nobel Prize 1930.
- Robert JamesBobby, 1943–2008, U.S. chess player.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for fischer
And VanDyke and Fischer had dinner with war correspondent Steven Sotloff mere weeks before he was kidnapped.‘Point and Shoot’ Captures the Birth of a Warrior on Film
October 31, 2014
Bührle replied that he would return them to Fischer if he got his money back.My Grandfather's War: Recovering the Art the Nazis Stole
October 5, 2014
Fischer: I think a lot of times when I meet background singers I get the feeling that they are singers.
Fischer won a Grammy in 1992 for her single “How Can I Ease the Pain.”
On his Christian radio broadcast saying, Fischer said “What we need is about 150 million Phil Robertsons out there.”Phil Robertson, A Modern-Day Rosa Parks
December 22, 2013
Fischer, Basil Jones and my son have been killed in the War.War Letters of a Public-School Boy
"I'll put 'em back now, my dear," said Fischer, returning the case to the tails of his coat.The Innocence of Father Brown
G. K. Chesterton
Mr. Fischer is a man who fought against the war up to the last.The Peace Negotiations
J. D. Kestell
Its diplomatic ambiguity was due to Mr. Fischer's influence.Lord Milner's Work in South Africa
W. Basil Worsfold
We did not ask if we had brought poor Fischer's luck to any of them.
- Emil Hermann (ˈeːmiːl ˈhɛrman). 1852–1919, German chemist, noted particularly for his work on synthetic sugars and the purine group: Nobel prize for chemistry 1902
- Ernst Otto . 1918–94, German chemist: shared the Nobel prize for chemistry in 1973 with Geoffrey Wilkinson for his work on inorganic complexes
- Hans (hans). 1881–1945, German chemist, noted particularly for his work on chlorophyll, haemin, and the porphyrins: Nobel prize for chemistry 1930
- Robert James, known as Bobby . 1943–2008, US chess player; world champion 1972–75
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- German chemist known for his research on the components of blood. He won a 1930 Nobel Prize for his work on the synthesis of hemin.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.