- a brand name for a cigarette box having a hinged upper lid or cover.
- (lowercase) pop-top(def 1).
- (lowercase) pop-top(defs 2, 3).
- (of a can) having a top with a tab or ring that when pulled up or off exposes a precut hole or peels off the entire lid.
- Also pop top. a can having such a top: drinking beer from a pop-top.
- the top itself.
- the tab or ring fastener, especially when removed from such a can: a vest made entirely of pop-tops.
Origin of pop-top
An Americanism dating back to 1965–70
Also called pull-top, flip-top.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018