- a fort at the entrance to Hampton Roads, in SE Virginia.
- a military reservation in SE Virginia, SE of Hampton at Old Point Comfort.
- Harriet,1861?–1936, U.S. editor and poet.
- James,1758–1831, 5th president of the U.S. 1817–25.
- MarilynNorma Jean Baker or Mortenson, 1926–62, U.S. film actress.
- William SmithBillThe Father of Bluegrass, 1911–96, U.S. musician, singer, and songwriter.
- a city in N Louisiana.
- a city in SE Michigan, on Lake Erie.
- a town in SW Connecticut.
- a city in S North Carolina.
- a town in S Wisconsin.
- Fort. Fort Monroe.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- James. 1758–1831, US statesman; fifth president of the US (1817–25). He promulgated the Monroe Doctrine (1823)
- Marilyn, born Norma Jeane Mortenson. later Norma Jeane Baker, sometimes spelled Norma Jean, 1926–62, US film actress. Her films include Niagara (1952), Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953), and Some Like It Hot (1959)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012