- a city in and the capital of Gujarat state, in W India.
[goo j-uh-raht, goo-juh-]
- a region in W India, N of the Narmada River.
- a state in W India, on the Arabian Sea. 75,685 sq. mi. (196,024 sq. km). Capital: Gandhinagar.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a state of W India: formed in 1960 from the N and W parts of the former Bombay State; one of India's most industrialized states. Capital: Gandhinagar. Pop: 50 596 992 (2001). Area: 196 024 sq km (75 268 sq miles)
- a region of W India, north of the Narmada River: generally includes the areas north of Mumbai city where Gujarati is spoken
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012