- a native or inhabitant of Geneva, Switzerland.
- a Calvinist.
Origin of Genevan
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for genevan
The annotations "placed in due order" are merely the Genevan notes.
This is a most effectual way of treating a delicate Genevan timepiece.In the Wilderness
Charles Dudley Warner
Yet there could be no hope of gaining the approval of Elizabeth for the Genevan Bible.
On all accounts the Genevan was the better and was driving out its rival.
Indeed, we are not sure that he even mentioned the Genevan version.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Geneva
- of, adhering to, or relating to the teachings of Calvin or the Calvinists
- a native or inhabitant of Geneva
- a less common name for a CalvinistSee Calvinist
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012