- the earth's magnetic field and associated phenomena.
- the branch of geophysics that studies such phenomena.
Origin of geomagnetism
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the magnetic field of the earth
- the branch of physics concerned with this
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The magnetic properties of the Earth and its atmosphere.
- The study of these properties.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.