- Also George Town. a seaport in and the capital of the state of Penang, in NW Malaysia.
- a seaport in and the capital of Guyana, at the mouth of the Demerara.
- a residential section in the District of Columbia.
- a town in N Kentucky.
- a city in E South Carolina.
- a town in and the capital of the Cayman Islands, West Indies, on Grand Cayman.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Also called: Penang a port in NW Malaysia, capital of Penang state, in NE Penang Island: the first chartered city of the Malayan federation. Pop: 162 000 (2005 est)
- the capital of the Cayman Islands: a port on Grand Cayman Island. Pop: 30 600 (2004 est)
- the capital and chief port of Guyana, at the mouth of the Demerara River: became capital of the Dutch colonies of Essequibo and Demerara in 1784; seat of the University of Guyana. Pop: 237 000 (2005 est)Former name (until 1812): Stabroek
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012