- the state of being gibbous.
- a protuberance or swelling.
Origin of gibbosity
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for gibbosity
Behind the neck and immediately above the shoulder rises a gibbosity or hump of the same height as the dorsal ridge.Natural History of the Mammalia of India and Ceylon
Robert A. Sterndale
- the state of being gibbous
- biology a bulge or protuberance
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The condition of being gibbous.
- A rounded hump or protuberance.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.