- a member of an Indian people now living principally in Paraguay.
- a language belonging to the Tupi-Guarani family of languages and spoken by the Guarani Indians: the chief vernacular of Paraguay.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the standard monetary unit of Paraguay, divided into 100 céntimos
- plural -ni or -nis a member of a South American Indian people of Paraguay, S Brazil, and Bolivia
- the language of this people, belonging to the Tupi-Guarani family; one of the official languages of Paraguay, along with Spanish
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012