- Carlton J(oseph) H(untley),1882–1964, U.S. historian, educator, and diplomat.
- HelenHelen Hayes Brown MacArthur, 1900–93, U.S. actress.
- Roland,1887–1977, U.S. tenor.
- Rutherford B(ir·chard) [bur-cherd] /ˈbɜr tʃərd/, 1822–93, nineteenth president of the U.S. 1877–81.
- a river in E Manitoba, Canada, flowing NE to Hudson Bay at York Factory. 300 miles (483 km) long.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for hayes
At that point, Hayes seemed to cut her story short, barely able to speak through the tears.Two New Bill Cosby Accusers Come Forward: ‘We Challenge Mr. Cosby to End This Nightmare’
December 3, 2014
Hayes never killed a guard (one of his fellow inmates did, however, shooting one to death following his release).
It took practice for Hayes to sharpen his show, Riding the Midnight Express with Billy Hayes.
“Raising the Turkish flag was very healing for me, and I think a little for Turkey as well,” says Hayes, choking up a bit.
As a cultural corrective, Hayes is currently touring in a one-man show titled Riding the Midnight Express with Billy Hayes.
"It's not that I was alluding to, Mr. Hayes," said the priest, in some irritation.The Martins Of Cro' Martin, Vol. I (of II)
Charles James Lever
He came to the appointment and found this fellow Hayes with a led pony.The Return of Sherlock Holmes
Arthur Conan Doyle
On the seventh ballot, Mr. Hayes had 17; Mr. Ware, 12; and Mr. Disney, 3.The Life, Public Services and Select Speeches of Rutherford B. Hayes
James Quay Howard
One of the first to whom Godwin told the news was Miss Hayes.
They met often at the houses of Miss Hayes, Mr. Johnson, and other mutual friends.
- Rutherford B (irchard). 1822–93, 19th president of the US (1877–81)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012