- Henry,died 1611?, English navigator and explorer.
- William Henry,1841–1922, English naturalist and author.
- a river in E New York, flowing S to New York Bay. 306 miles (495 km) long.
- a town in central Massachusetts.
- a town in S New Hampshire.
- a steam locomotive having a four-wheeled front truck, six driving wheels, and a four-wheeled rear truck.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for hudson
Barry showed me his room—a one bedroom with a killer view of Riverbank State Park and the Hudson.His First Day Out Of Jail After 40 Years: Adjusting To Life Outside
January 3, 2015
In 1982, Hockney traveled to China on a trip organized by his editor at Thames & Hudson, Nikos Stangos.The Many Lives of Artist David Hockney
November 23, 2014
Hudson is rare, in that he went by the same name on both sides.Risky Business or None of Your Business? Gay XXX Films and the Condom Question
November 1, 2014
One of these, Mary Rogers, went missing, only to turn up in the Hudson River in 1841.Brooklyn’s Gangster Graveyard
October 23, 2014
It will be largely invisible to most drivers, since it will be buried under Lake Champlain and the Hudson River.Electricity Superhighway
October 16, 2014
Hudson, whether he knows it or not, is now the chief standard-bearer of another faith.Green Mansions
W. H. Hudson
Once this junction was formed, the Hudson lay open--and after that?In the Valley
The towns are never visited by him, and the Hudson's Bay Company will sell him no liquor.
He was a true Hudson's Bay man, steadfastly loyal to the Company.
It was a lovely May afternoon and we had a beautiful ride up the Hudson.The Harbor
- Henry. died 1611, English navigator: he explored the Hudson River (1609) and Hudson Bay (1610), where his crew mutinied and cast him adrift to die
- W (illiam) H (enry). 1841–1922, British naturalist and novelist, born in Argentina, noted esp for his romance Green Mansions (1904) and the autobiographical Far Away and Long Ago (1918)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012