- Informal. a word that is hard to pronounce.
- a very hard, usually round, candy.
- Also called jaw crusher. Mining. a machine used to break up ore, consisting of a fixed plate and a hinged jaw moved by a toggle joint.
Origin of jawbreaker
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for jawbreaker
His title is a jawbreaker: director of the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons.Obama's Slavery Czar
November 24, 2009
- Also called: jawcrusher a device having hinged jaws for crushing rocks and ores
- informal a word that is hard to pronounce
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012