- a set of standards and file format for compression of digital color images.
- an image file compressed in this format.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for jpeg
Apologizing via Twitter is like marking your anniversary by having your secretary send a JPEG of a rose to your wife.Hey Daniel Tosh—No One Believes Your Lame Twitter Apology
July 14, 2012
- a standard file format for compressing pictures by disposing of redundant pixels
- a picture held in this file format
- (as modifier)a JPEG image
C20: technique devised by the J (oint) P (hotographic) E (xperts) G (roup)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Short for Joint Photographic Experts Group.
- A standard algorithm for the compression of digital images, making it easier to store and transmit them.
- A digital image that has been compressed using this algorithm.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.