- MargaretMaggie, 1905–95, U.S. activist: a founder of the Gray Panthers.
- Rich·ard [rich-erd; German rikh-ahrt] /ˈrɪtʃ ərd; German ˈrɪx ɑrt/, 1900–1967, German chemist, born in Austria: declined 1938 Nobel Prize at insistence of Nazi government.
- Thomas Samuel,1922–96, U.S. writer, historian, and philosopher of science.
- Walt,1877?–1949, U.S. painter.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for kuhn
Thinkers like Kuhn implied that change could come from unlikely quarters.When Creationists Collide with Stephen Colbert
December 15, 2013
Problem is, Kuhn (or the EEI staffer who wrote the letter with his name on it) plays fast and loose with the facts.Edison Electric Institute Is Wrong to Deny America’s Coming Infrastructure Crisis
David Cay Johnston
September 20, 2012
Kuhn reportedly believes the infant was between 12 and 18 months old when it died.2 Million-Year-Old Woman
April 16, 2010
Kuhn toppled from his chair to the floor, with Dan on top of him.The Battleship Boys in Foreign Service
Frank Gee Patchin
With this not very cheering assurance, Mr. Kuhn returned to Cheyenne.The Spy of the Rebellion
That Kuhn was on the point of collapsing was a matter of common knowledge.The Inside Story Of The Peace Conference
Emile Joseph Dillon
Professor Kuhn connects her with the storm-cloud, Mr. Max Mller with the dawn.Myth, Ritual And Religion, Vol. 2 (of 2)
In point of fact there is, as Kuhn has indicated,815 some evidence to shew that the midsummer fire was originally thus produced.Balder The Beautiful, Vol. I.
Sir James George Frazer
- Austrian chemist. He won a 1938 Nobel Prize for research on carotenoids and vitamins but declined the award by order of the Nazi government.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.