- suitable for living in; habitable; comfortable: It took a lot of work to make the old house livable.
- worth living; endurable: She needed something to make life more livable.
- that can be lived with; companionable (often used in combination with with): polite and charming but not altogether livable-with.
Origin of livable
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. enjoyable, bearable, worthwhile.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of a room, house, etc) suitable for living in
- worth living; tolerable
- (foll by with) pleasant to live (with)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for livability
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper