- a benign tumor composed of dilated and newly formed lymph vessels.
Origin of lymphangioma
- a benign tumor consisting chiefly of dilated or newly formed blood vessels (hemangioma) or lymph vessels (lymphangioma).
Origin of angioma
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for lymphangioma
Angioma, lymphangioma, and neuroma are described with the disease of the individual tissues.Manual of Surgery
Alexis Thomson and Alexander Miles
- a tumour consisting of a mass of blood vessels (haemangioma) or a mass of lymphatic vessels (lymphangioma)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for lymphangioma
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Conspicuous dilation of lymphatic vessels in a circumscribed region, frequently with the formation of lymph-filled cavities.
- A tumor composed chiefly of lymphatic vessels or blood vessels.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.