- a city in the SW Russian Federation in Europe, SE of Krasnodar.
[ah-duh-gey, ah-duh-gey; Russian uh-di-gyey]
- Official name Adygei Autonomous Region. an autonomous region in the Russian Federation, part of the Krasnodar territory, in the NW Caucasus Mountains. 1505 sq. mi. (3903 sq. km). Capital: Maikop.
- a Circassian language spoken in the Adygei Autonomous Region.
Also Adighe, A·dy·ghe.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a city in SW Russia, capital of the Adygei Republic: extensive oilfields to the southwest; mineral springs. Pop: 165 000 (2005 est)
- plural -gei, -geis, -ghe or -ghes a member of a Circassian people of the Northwest Caucasus
- the Circassian language, esp its Western dialectCompare Kabardian
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012