- make it snappy, Slang. to speed up; hurry.
Origin of snappy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Also: snappish apt to speak sharply or irritably
- Also: snappish apt to snap or bite
- crackling in sounda snappy fire
- brisk, sharp, or chillya snappy pace; snappy weather
- smart and fashionablea snappy dresser
- make it snappy slang be quick! hurry up!
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for make it snappy
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Idioms and Phrases with make it snappy
make it snappy
see make haste.
see under make haste.
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.