- of or characterized by melanosis.
- resembling melanin; darkish.
Origin of melanoid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- resembling melanin; dark coloured
- characterized by or resembling melanosis
- Of or related to melanin; black-pigmented.
- Of or affected with melanosis.
- A dark pigment that resembles melanin, formed from the glucosamines in chitin.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.