- Ad·nan [ahd-nahn] /ˈɑd nɑn/, 1899–1961, Turkish political leader: premier 1950–60.
- Ancient Maeander, Meander. a river in W Asia Minor, flowing into the Aegean near Samos. 240 miles (385 km) long.
- Ancient Scamander. a river in NW Asia Minor, flowing across the Trojan plain into the Dardanelles. 60 miles (97 km) long.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a river in SW Turkey flowing southwest, then west to the Aegean. Length: about 386 km (240 miles)Ancient name: Maeander
- a river in NW Turkey flowing west and northwest to the Dardanelles. Length: 104 km (65 miles)Ancient name: Scamander
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012