- any disease that results from the infestation of tissues or cavities of the body by larvae of flies.
Origin of myiasis
1830–40; < Greek myî(a) fly + -asis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for myiasis
- infestation of the body by the larvae of flies
- any disease resulting from such infestation
C19: New Latin, from Greek muia a fly
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Infestation of tissue by fly larvae.
- A disease resulting from such infestation.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.