- someone or something that is second in rank, order, or importance.
- defecation: used especially by or with reference to children.
- make/do/go number two, Informal. to defecate: used especially by or with reference to children.
Origin of number two
First recorded in 1905–10
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for number two
News Corp. is sticking to the position—at least for now—that there will be no number-two person.Murdoch's Next Move
February 24, 2009
At least she meant to stalk, but one does not really stamp about much in number-two, heelless, pink-satin mules.Love Stories
Mary Roberts Rinehart
- euphemistic the act or an instance of defecation
- a haircut in which the hair is cut close to the head with an electric shaver
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012