- a deep olive color.
- woolen cloth of this color, used especially for U.S. Army uniforms.
- a military uniform made from this cloth.
Origin of olive drab
First recorded in 1895–1900
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for olive drab
When he was all dressed in his olive-drab she still could not let him go.We Can't Have Everything
He watched the irregular files of men in olive-drab shambling by.
All at once they saw sunlight ahead of them and olive-drab uniforms.
The captain came in, brushing snow from his olive-drab uniform.
The uniform he wore under the benny was olive-drab with bars on his shoulder.
- a dull but fairly strong greyish-olive colour
- (as adjective)an olive-drab jacket
- cloth or clothes in this colour, esp the uniform of the US ArmyAbbreviation: OD
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012